Child has throat infection. How long does azithral take to cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
How much time it takes Azitral pediatric syrup to work in the body, my kid got throat infection and we met a doctor..he prescribed the same...
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 28 minutes later
Azithral is an antibiotic syrup containing Azithromycin. If your child is having a bacterial infection in the throat, then the pain and fever should subside in three days.
For sore throat relief you can let him have XXXXXXX warm water for drinking several times a day, lozenges and warm liquids.
Avoid Acidic Drinks, Spicy Food and Sour Substances.

If the symptoms worsen - develops high grade fever, severe pain while swallowing and so on seek prompt medical help for a throat swab culture so that specific antibiotic can be started according to the type of her infection.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Child has throat infection. How long does azithral take to cure? 7 minutes later
Yeah, it was something like fever was there...kind of it come and goes off...She was also having meftal p. this infection starts on last Sunday , and we met one doctor and he prescribed some medicine along with augpen.. It looks like did not work out, then we met a child specialist and he prescribed this medicine . and she started having azitral from Tuesday night...and two more epizode of fever happened...but now looks like it is settling ..... is it required to give meftal P till the azitral dosage gets over?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If there is symptomatic improvement then it is best to continue with the medicine. Do continue with Meftal P so that the pain in the throat decreases and the child can feed properly.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.