Child has symptoms of herpangina, fever, poor sleep and appetite. Red and bleeding gums. What to do?

My 22 mo old has symptoms of herpangina (fever for 3 days followed by being irritable, poor sleep, complaining of painful mouth, poor appetite). His gums are now very, very red and bleeding a little. My question is, can this wait until his dr appt tomorrow? Is this something different/ more urgent?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, you can wait! Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for this query. I am so sorry to hear of these symptoms that your child has had. From the information you have provided, there is no immediate life threatening condition that warrants an ER visit now. If the child should develop profuse bleeding, breathing difficulties of persistently high temperature not responding to tylenol, then you may want to go in. For now, try to get him to drink as much fluids as possible to stay well hydrated. I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services.Please, feel free to ask for clarification or more information if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.