Child has running nose due to weather change, given Piriton syrup. Is Nasivion safe for children?

Hellow Sir,

My son is 3.5 years old. He has a blocked nose/running nose from the last two days due to the changes in weather.
We are giving him piriton syrap.
Last night we tried to get Nasal drops in a Pharmacy and found one only for the age group 1 - 2 years.
Finally we bought Nasivion s Nasal Spray -10Ml (Vivimed) which doesn't mention anything about usage for kids.
Can you please let me know whether it is fine to use the same or is there any other nasal drops for age group 3 years
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 6 hours later

I am sorry to hear about your son. I think you can use Xylometazoline hydrocloride (paediatric) nose drop 3 drops in each nostril 2 to 3 times daily for 7 days. It is available over the counter as BIOTRIVIN PAED in your country. I think you should stop piriton after inquiring with your doctor about its use. I hope he will be recover soon.

Kindest regards

Dr. SKmukherjee.