Child has red, irregular blotches on abdomen, no itching or pain, look like irregular birthmarks

Red irregular blotches appeared on my 7 year old grandsons abdomen. No itch or pain and lasted over two weeks gradually fading. They looked like irregular birthmarks
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Birthmarks usually don't fade so soon. It is a little hard to imagine what it could be so it would be very helpful if you could attach the photo of the blotches.
Did he have fever? Any new clothes or carpets at home?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

I wish you and your grandson good health

Follow-up: Child has red, irregular blotches on abdomen, no itching or pain, look like irregular birthmarks 5 minutes later
No they just appeared and within about ten days gradually faded. They just "looked" like birthmarks by their irregular shape and color. no fever or other symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 hours later

Thanks for replying with further details

Irregular patch on the abdomen of a children most commonly is contact or allergic dermatitis (skin allergy). It is not a cause for concern and I am glad it is fading away. Since the blotch is not active anymore it will not require any treatment however if it comes back again seek a dermatologist immediately

I hope I was of help, if there are further queries I will be happy to help