Child has mild fever and vomiting. What cure should be done?

Feb 2013

My 8 year old was vomiting till 9:30 last night. Has a temp if 99.2 this morning. can I still send him to school today?
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 17 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

There may be a viral infection which caused vomitings and slight increase of his body temperature.

Provide him adequate rest at home and don't send him to school today.

Watch for further episodes of vomitings and monitor his temperature at regular intervals.

Monitor his hydration status by activity, urine output, skin turgor, thirst, and moisture of tongue and oral cavity.

Maintain his hydration by giving sips of oral rehydration solutions like Pedialyte, coconut water, and lemon water.

For fever, you can give him Tylenol in prescribed dose.

If there is nausea or further episodes of vomitings, you can give an anti emetic like ondansetron in prescribed dosage.

Try to give a soft, bland diet.

Consult your Pediatrician if his symptoms continue, or any signs of dehydration appear.

Wish your son get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.