Child has fiery pain in around the right side rib cage and back at night. Worry?

My 5 year old son has been complaining of pain in his upper right quadrant under his rib cage around his back the past 2 days seems to occur at night. He describes it as fiery. Should I take him to his pcp?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 5 hours later

The pain that your son has been complaining of results from one or more of these organs,
Trauma and

As I believe that more information can help a physician arrive at a more accurate diagnosis, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a. Does he have fever, cough or chest pain while breathing?
b. Does he have excessive yellowness of urine or eyes?
c. Was he hit at that area?
d. Is there any other symptom that he has?

I believe the more information the person gives the better would be the expert’s reply. It improves satisfaction levels of the both. Hence please reply to the above questions.

Alternatively I would suggest that you take your son to a pediatrician so that he can be completely evaluated and an appropriate diagnosis reached and therapy started.