Child has fever, given crocin. Scared for dengue?

my daughter is 2.5 yr old (10kgwt) .She is having fever since c had a fever of 103.8 deg F..i gave her crocin at 4:30 pm but her fever dint subside till 7 pm so i gave her crocin ds at 7pm ....her fever as of now is 100 @9pm.....can i give her maftal p if yes what is dose..... As these days dengue is spreading i m scared....c is passing clear urine and c is having normal motion.....c does have running nose as well as cough...plz suggest me how to control her fever first....n then further course of action to b taken....
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Your child is having fever with upper respiratory symptoms which is mostly viral in nature and settles in few days.

-I suggest yo to monitor fever every 4 to 6 hourly.
-Give paracetamol in case fever is above 100F every 4 to 6 hourly.
-Do tepid sponging if fever is above 102F.
-You can give meftal p 4ml 2 to 3 times a day.
-Give plenty of fluids and soft bland diet to maintain hydration and nutrition.
-For relief of cold and cough you can give benadryl syrup 2.5 ml 3 times a day.
-Maintain good hygiene.

This is good that she is not having any other symptom.

In case fever persist after 48 hours I suggest you to get her examined by pediatrician for further evaluation.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless...