Child has fever. Given imol. Will it be safe to give crocin?

Jun 2015

is giving imol 5ml for 1.2 years old baby is with temperature 101 is good.
if i have to give crocin what is the ml i have to give. he is around 8kgs
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 33 minutes later

Crocin is pharmacologically Paracetamol.
And 5 ml of Crocin contains 120 mg of Paracetamol.

The correct dose of paracetamol for a child does not depend on his age, but on his weight.
The usual dose is 15 mg per kilogram of body weight.
Since your son is around 8kgs, administration of 5 ml of Crocin will be required.

Both Imol & Crocin contain medications that are analgesic & antipyretic.
Hence can provide symptomatic relief from fever.
But, unless the underlying cause of the fever is treated, it may keep on recurring.

So, it will be better to consult a Pediatrician to find out the exact cause of the symptoms in your child such that appropriate management steps could be taken.

Wishing him a good health & speedy recovery.

Please let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.
Follow-up: Child has fever. Given imol. Will it be safe to give crocin? 16 hours later
Hello Doc
Thanks so much for quick reply. I wanted to check if imol is helpful for cold cough and fever as my doc had suggested to give 5ml of imol if temperature goes above 101 but at the same time my son has cold and sound cough. could you please suggest cold cough medicine (without any sideeffects please).

Thanks again.
God Bless.

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 10 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

Imol contains Ibuprofen & Paracetamol which act as analgesic & anti pyretic.
So, it will only control the fever.

For symptomatic management of cold & cough, antihistamine & anti-tussive medications have to be taken.
And if the cold & cough is bacterial in origin, then a complete therapy with antibiotics will also be needed.

But these medications should be taken only under the guidance of a Pediatrician to avoid any unwanted side effects.

All medications will have some or the other side effects.
However, the medications for pediatric use are prepared in such a way that the side effects are either minimal or well tolerated.

Meanwhile, make sure that your son is taking proper nutrition, maintaining adequate hydration & well protected from cold.

Dr. Polash Sannigrahi