Child has cough, cold, fever. Typhoid positive. Taken Mononcef and Amiken. Still typhoid positive

My son was having Cold , cough from last 3weeks some times fever On n Off. After 3weeks we got to know the Typhoid was +ve. then he under gone treatment with Monocef 500+ Amikacin 75 for 20 doses (twice a day). After that we tested again and it was +ve. We are worried, though fever cold cough is not thr.
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later
I am sorry to hear your son is not well. You said your son had test for typhoid afrer treatment. Can you please tell me what sort of test your son had for typhoid ihas he had blood culture/ stool culture for typhoid or serological testknown as widal test. If widal test is positive it got to be repeated again. If that shows increased in titre then your son still got Typhoid but if unchanged or titre gets lower
he is okay.
If clinically he got no fever and otherwise normal I would not worry about.
Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee