Child has a soft bump on scalp which is hard. Can it cause hair loss?
User rating for this question
My 2 year old daughter has a soft bump on the back of her head (scalp) that she's had for quite some time. She recently loss her hair in that same spot. What does that mean?
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 5 hours later
Thanks for your query on HealthCare Magic.
It could have been better if some more details like onset and duration of the problem and presence of associated symptoms were mentioned in your account. I presume that the bump on the scalp, especially on the back of head has occurred say 2 or 3 months back following a fall. Or, is there some other cause for it?
The bump on the back of the head usually rubs while changing posture during sleep and can be the reason for the loss of hair. There should not be a cause for worry in this scenario as the hair would grow back.
If the bump has been for a longer period then more details about its nature and whether it is increasing in size would be required to guide you further.
Hope this helps. Let me know if the issue is related to something other than my presumption.
Wishing you and your daughter all the best
People also viewed
- Headache nausea blurred vision slamming meth
- Why is my bald head so greasy
- Tugain 2 is really work for hair loss
- Baby neck hyperextended
- Whiskey stop hair growth
- Light headed, dizzy, prickly skin
- Medicen food hair growth
- Itchy scalp hair loss causes
- Suggest treatment for scalp infection causing hair loss
- Itchy scalp hair loss bumps and meth
- Does betnovate scalp application cause hair loss
- Side effects of smoking while taking althea pills
- Does scratching your scalp cause hair loss
- How to recover from bleach inhalation
- Xtraglo skin dietary supplement