Child has a callus on foot, it is turning greenish-blue and is very painful. Advise?

Yes my son has a callus on his foot and it is turning greenish-blue and is very painful.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 42 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

A callus turning bluish-green is not a good sign and may mean infection or pressure necrosis.

Is it on the heel of the foot? Is there swelling, any break in the skin over it?
Does he have any fever?

It would greatly help if you could upload a photo of it here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
YYYY@YYYY      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

I would advise you to seek the advice of an ortho expert before it is late and complicates.
You can give simple OTC pain killers like paracetamol till then for pain.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!