Child got kicked below her sternum, should i consult a doctor?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
My 5 yeAr old got kicked right below her sternum, she seems ok now, should I be concerned or seek medical help?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not at present. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. It is a good sign that your daughter feels OK at present. If she continues to feel well, there is no need to take her to the ER. The signs to look out for would be pain in her abdomen, persistent vomiting, becoming drowsy, sweating a lot or a rise in her pulse rate. If these occur, I would suggest you take her to the ER. She may be a little sore in the area in which case paracetamol would be advisable. Encouage her to eat and drink as normal. I hope this advice is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB. FRCA.