Child diagnosed with aspergers with aggressive behaviour and unusual hand flapping. Suggest?

My 5yr old son is diagonised with aspergers symptom 3 months ago.He has agressive behaviour and unusual hand flapping whenever not engaged.Also he has difficulty in writing.He is not taking any medicine at the moment.he has good general health.pls advice me how i can deal with him.Is aspergers disease curable?
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 5 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Asperger is one of the mild versions of autism. Fortunately, there are good medical options for many features in this problem. For example, for attention deficit which some asperger children have, there are good medications from the class of alpha 2 agonists (for the kids before the age of 6) and medications from the class of stimulants (for after the age of 6). For their aggressive behavior which is commonly seen, doctors usually give a medication from the class of serotonin reuptake inhibitors or if they do not work, a medication from the class of serotonin dopamine antagonists.
I wish him a good health.