Child consumed contraceptive pills. What to do?

what should i do if my son (aged 4) has eaten 16 microgynon contraceptive piills? Many thanks
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
It is unlikely that your four year old son has swallowed so many oral pills without your knowledge. These pills are bitter most of the times. Even if the child takes them, he is most likely to spit these out.
If at all he has consumed the pills he might not show any effect or may have some feminising symptoms like gynecomastia which is harmless and is self limiting in nature.
No specific treatment is usually needed.
You need to be more careful regarding storing your medicines properly to avoid such incidences in future.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.