Child broke out with hives, welt clusters and red dots on body, mouth and eyes. Antihistamine helped. Suggest?

Girl 6 yr old broke out in hives...welt clusters...and small red pin dots on body...all over ..even mouth and eyes. An antihistimine relieved the itch and they faded, but came back in the night...went to diagnoses..hives are back all over again. She ate cereal ,half bagle with slice cheese,juice is now 5:pm..she went out in the garden ..came in covered with welts.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 2 hours later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your needs.

Based on the information it seems for sure that your daughter is allergic to something in her surrounding, because what she had for her diet , I suppose nothing was new in it which she never had before.

Now I need your help to figure out what she is allergic to an it may answer the question as their are lot of things that a person may be allergic to.

I need you to answer me the following question to help understand what is going on and it is just allergy or something else.

1) Upload a high resolution image of the hives if possible.

2) Any thing which has been change in below mention list.

a) Any recent changes in fabric of clothes.
b) Any food changes/ new trial with food.
c) Any new plant in surrounding / going someone's else garden to play.
d) Any new bracelet / jewelry.
e) Any signs of insects bite noticed (mosquito bites)
f) Any change of location of residence in past 10 months.
g) Any exposure to cold, such as from diving into a cold pool.
h) Any exposure to the sun especially during 11 am -6pm

Please answer above question if possible so that we can work together in finding the real cause, weather its allergy or some viral infection.

Hope you will not be annoyed by my questions.

Thanks for the query
Follow-up: Child broke out with hives, welt clusters and red dots on body, mouth and eyes. Antihistamine helped. Suggest? 1 hour later
I can not up load a picture...the redness is in the form of a raised hive in clusters that form on some areas as a raised red area....then there are just red areas the are hot to the touch.
There is nothing on the list you sent that was new to her..ust swimming as always and being out side in the sun.
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 2 hours later

Welcome back, it seems that its a heat based hives, as I do not have a picture I cant confirm, but here is indirect way to confirm it. Don't allow her to go out at day time for tomorrow. Mean while keep giving anti allergic medication "Antihistimine". Make sure she do not take hot water shower tomorrow, and not allow her to go to swimming tomorrow.

Heat based are common in summer time they occurs due to over exposure to sun and cold water.

I recommend to take her to local doctor " IN CASE she HAS FEVER tomorrow".

If "NO FEVER" then you can simple ask her to stay in shade and no shower with hot water, and no swimming for next 2 day and will, mostly subside the hives.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to contact me in case of further questions.