Child born with raised birth mark on hip. Will this disappear or fade away?

My daughter is 10 weeks old. She was born with a birth XXXXXXX on her upper right hip. The birth XXXXXXX is a little elevated. It has a diameter ranging from 1.5 cm to 2 cm (picture attached). What kind of birth XXXXXXX is this? Is this birth XXXXXXX ever going to disappear or fade? What size will the birth XXXXXXX be when our daughter is an adult? Can a plastic surgeon correct this problem? When could it be done? What results could be expected?
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 2 hours later

I can feel your concerns, these birth marks are actually mangloian spots which a very benign .

They usually subside till one to 2 years of age. in very few cases adults have these marks of 1 cm in size.

They will definitely fade away and no need to worry or consult surgeon for this .

You just be a vigilant observer and that s it. Noting special is done for this XXXXXXX

Hope It will help , If you have any other query I would be honored to reply.