Chest tightness, irregular pulse, fatigue, dizziness, positive UTI for white blood cells, kidney infection, on levaquin

I have chest tightening/pressure and my pulse feels irregular. I just took an at home uti test and it came back positive for white blood cells. I was in the hospital a week ago with an kidney infection and was treated with Leavaquin. I'm a 31 yr old female and usually have low blood pressure, what could be going on? I have a sore throat, chest tightening, fatigue yet restless, dizzy, chills, and I feel somewhat confused or my memory seems short. I feel like I'm always sick, please help.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 14 minutes later

Your symptoms as chest tightness,dizziness,chills,irregular pulse could be due to Blood pressure fluctuation,anxiety or due to any heart issues.

Certain things may contribute to the symptoms including dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities.

I would suggest you to drink a generous amount of an electrolyte beverage such as Gatorade and avoid smoking,alcohol and caffeinated drinks.

If your symptoms persist or if you feel chest pain, faintness, nausea or significant shortness of breath then consider rushing to ER immediately.

Hope this answers your query. If you have any additional questions I would be happy to address them.
Follow-up: Chest tightness, irregular pulse, fatigue, dizziness, positive UTI for white blood cells, kidney infection, on levaquin 11 hours later
I normally have low blood pressure, but it's higher then normal. Should I be concerned with having an elevated blood pressure and chest tightening? I feel really tired but my pulse is fast. It's beating like I just finished a workout when I'm just lying in my bed?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 55 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

If the BP is higher than 140/100 continuously and along with that chest tightness and fast pulse is present at rest then kindly consider visiting ER without wasting any time.

I hope, this answers your query.

Wishing you Good Health.