Chest soreness when breathing, shivering, fever, metallic taste in mouth. Taking antibiotics

Geriatrics Specialist
I had fly symptoms last week, sore chest when breathing, shivers and shakes, temperature etc. Symptoms have returned after 2 day reprieval. I now have a metallic taste in my mouth and a very sore head, right hand side and a sore nape of neck. I feel dreadful. The doc has prescribed me antibiotics incase of secondery infection.
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 2 hours later
Thanks for contacting us.
Flu are mostly viral, so symptomatic treated is opted in most of the conditions.
The reason for metallic taste after your flu is due the toxin residues produced by your infected viral or bacterial cause, it takes some 3 to 4 days to come to normal.
In order to avoid this effect use a germ killing mouth wash like peridex.
Chew some mint gums to get rid of those symptoms.
Post flu headaches are usually common, residing for some time; try to have some steam shower, humidifiers if you feel of having any stuffy nose or congestion.
As you are already prescribed with antibiotics, it is nothing to worry about any secondary infections.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Take care. Get well soon.