Chest pain when breathing deeply, feeling nausea and sharp pain in back of throat. Any relief?

Hi, when I breathe deeply my chest hurts, and sometimes I get a very sharp pain in the back of my throat. But I also have had a lot of nausea
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Since you are very young and not complaining of any other symptom except nausea and pain on XXXXXXX breathing only,i rule out any heart or lung involvement.
The most likely explaination for your problem looks to be either of following
1... Costochondritis
2..gasrointestinal like esophageal reflux resulting in burning pain with nausea and occurring more frequently after a heavy oily meal.
3... Anxiety and depression.
There are a lot of personal/social causes for a young female to get into a vicious cycle of anxiety causing various physical symptoms, and those symptoms in turn causing more anxiety. However  One needs to rule out organic causes before stamping the diagnosis of anxiety/depression.

In any case,whatever the cause is,it doesn't appear to be a big problem or life threatening and so I advise you to consult your doctor and get yourself examined by him.Treatment would depend upon the cause.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck