Changes in bowel movement, constipation, diarrhea following anal sex. Have I injured colon or rectum?

Urologist
Question
I have been having anal sex with my boyfriend for almost two years now. I have never experienced any pain during but I do notice some changes with my bowel movements afterwards. In the beginning it seemed as though it was easier to have a bowel movement the following day and then it seemed as if I would be constipated for a couple days after. Then I had some bleeding so we took a break for almost two months. After our last 2 sessions I have had lots of diarrhea and currently feel like I need to have a bowel movement almost all the time. When I do go to the bathroom I pass some gas and large amounts of mucous but lttile to no actual bowel. Have I injured my colon or rectum or something?
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 55 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
Features are not suggestive of injury.
They point towards functional or movement disorders of the bowel.
It may be colon and rectum is a must.
Best regards

Follow-up: Changes in bowel movement, constipation, diarrhea following anal sex. Have I injured colon or rectum? 14 minutes later
Was this caused by the anal sex, do I need to stop or is it ok to continue having anal sex?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later
Anal sex is very unlikely to be the cause.
Best regards