Cause of fever and sweating with chest X-ray showing pleural thickening?

My chest x ray has reported bilateral pleural thickening with plate atelectasis right mid zone.CT chest reports no obvious pleural or pericardial effusion is apparent. Mild pleural thickening is sent in left upper lobe posteriority.I have persistent mild cough . AFB sputum is negative. I am suferring from moderate fever and mild night sweating. All blood test are normal. What may be the cause of fever and sweating?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: most likely etiology is underlying lung infection Detailed Answer: Hi, I appreciate your concern. If i see such a patient in my OPD with fever , cough and pleural thickening , my first possibility would be underlying lung infection like Tuberculosis, Pneumonitis ect. Since you are having fever with cough and pleural thickening , I would like to rule out Tuberculosis. Tunerculosis generally presents with fever and cough . Monitor your body temperature regularly. Watch for any evening rise of temperature. Watch for any weight loss or loss of appetite. Meanwhile continue antibiotics for 5-7 days. In case fever persists , then kindly repeat your Blood Counts alongwith Chest X Ray and get Fasting ESR and Montoux.Drink plenty of fluids and maintain good hydration. Hope it Helps