Cat scan showing a fusion between cervical vertibrae. Have graves eye disease, fluttering in my left

back in 1979 i had a cat scan showing a fussion btw 1st & 2nd cervical vertibrae. on my payent receipt some one wrote klippel-fiel as a possibility. i woke up with a stiff neck (after I had braces for several years to pull down two eye teeth) when I was in my early 20's (est) i've had to crack my neck throughout my life every time i feel it stiffening up. my chiropractor stated that i lost the curvature of my neck & i'm begining to get a dower's hump. i've had two deviated nasal surgeries. the doctor toke a cat scan said i had calcification on the floor of my let sinus and deterioration of the bones & tmj on the left side. all of this is just on the left side only. i also get fulltering in my left ear that feels half stopped all the time. i'm on a bi-pap machine for obstructive and central sleep apnea. i'm beginning to turn my head further to the left but with huge cracking from the base of my head diagnally to the front of my throat on the left side. i wear a mouth guard to sleep. i've had dental amalgams taken out. and the bite adjusted from too much pressure on the left side. i have allergies and sinus. my ent doctor said that i've lost some hearing in the left ear but not enough to be noticed. he seems to be ignoring my estachian tube fullness. i also have graves eye disease without a thyroid problem but i used to be on thyroid medicine armour thyroid.
i'm 58 yrs old what going on with left side of my neck. i can tell that the muscles on the left side are tighter and not at the same position as the right side.
do i have klippel-fiel syndrome? can i get the curve back in my neck? this makes me very tired
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 6 hours later
thanks for the query.

Klippel-fiel syndrome is a possibility. It is a congenital disease in which there is fusion of cervical spines and yours appear to be type I. It may be noticed earlier in childhood for severe conditions or later on in life.
It presents usually with a deviated neck ( torticolis) with tightness of the neck muscle on one side, respiratory problems, short status, abnormalities of the palate, hairline, ear and other systems.
The symptoms you present with are consistent with klippel-fiel; fused spines, stiff neck, loss of neck curvature, ear abnormalities, respiratory problems, torticolis etc. Neurological complications is a common feature and in most cases can explain many complications accompanying klippel-fiel syndrome.
What you are experiencing appears to be torticolis resulting as complication of the fusion of the two spines. Surgery remains the only goal standard of treatment in a bit to correct the curvature, prevent neurological complications etc and it is indicated if there is a neurological deficit or progressive deterioration like in your case. However, other measures such as restriction from contact sports, modification of activities will reduce the risk of neurological complications.
However, the above can only be confirmed by a good physical evaluation and tests and so it is important you XXXXXXX a neurosurgeon for evaluation.

Hope i did answer your query. If you do have more query, i will be waiting to help.
Best regards.