Cat scan showed Prominent soft tissue fullness in the region of uterine cervix. Meaning?

Question
I had a cat scan and was wondering what this meant?

Prominent soft tissue fullness in the region of uterine cervix
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 6 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Can you please tell me why you had the CT scan? What were your symptoms?

Thank you.

Follow-up: Cat scan showed Prominent soft tissue fullness in the region of uterine cervix. Meaning? 4 minutes later
Unexplained weight loss of 30lbs since january and left upper quadrant abdominal pain.
The cat scan also showed a 12.6 x 1.8 cm low destiny lesion with small accumulation of free fluid in the lower pelvis

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 9 minutes later
Thank you for the followup.

Given your age, the possibility that this represents cancer is extremely low. Given that you had a partial hysterectomy, this implies that your tubes and ovaries were left in place. This most likely represents something involving one of your tubes or ovaries. Here is what should happen:
1. You need a consult with an OB/GYN
2. You need a pelvic ultrasound (this is a much better was to view things in the pelvis
3. You probably need a laparoscopy (a surgery to look in the pelvis)

I hope that this helps!