Carpel tunnel surgery, foot and facial numbness, heat sensitivity, pain in neck. Treatment ?

ENT Specialist
45 yo female. 5'3" 120 lbs. No significant medical history other than carpal tunnel surgery in 2000. Odd symptoms past 2 1/2 years. Tested for ms, sjogren's, Lyme, diabetes and every other thing you can think of. Multiple MRI, genetic testing, heart, etc. Started with right foot numbness. Have had vertigo, left side numbness, diagnosis of trigeminal neuralgia, facial numbness, extreme fatigue, terrible heat sensitivity, and now pain in left side of neck and face, feeling like something stuck in my throat, awful fluttering feeling in left side of neck and into left chest region. Can't get any answers. Seen neurologist and endocrinologist and nobody seems to have a clue. I just want to feel better. Are we missing something obvious?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. At the outset, I would like to know your detailed test reports. Has your metabolic blood profile (Calcium, Phosphorus, serum electrolytes, renal function tests, CPK, LDH, PTH, uric acid, alkaline phosphatase, hemogram and routine urine) and thyroid function tests been done?
2. Can you describe your vertigo in detail? Important details include type of vertigo (true rotary or unsteadiness), time of onset, relation to change of position, latency or a time interval before onset after change in position, vertigo on changing sides in bed, how long did the episodes last, did it persist on walking, any nystagmus (abnormal eye movements) observed on examination, any associated hearing loss and any other detail, examination and investigative findings.
3. Do you suffer from acid reflux? What is your blood pressure? These may also be peri-menopausal symptoms in which case you will have to consult a gynecologist.

Awaiting your reply,