Cant sustain erection during sexual intercourse, no orgasm. What is the solution?

Psychiatrist
Question
i have some sexual problem. i am not able to sustain erection during sexual intercourse and so no reaching of orgasm. Hence I am unable to give birth to a baby. what is the solution for this?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Erectile dysfunction can be a result of a psychological or physical problem.
Psychological causes: Most common cause in young patients. These include performance anxiety, emotional weakness, inferiority complex, stress, marital or relationship problems, low mood, feelings of guilt, and the effects of a past sexual and emotional trauma. Men with psychological problem usually have normal nocturnal erections and erections upon awakening, whereas men with physical problem often do not.
Physical causes: Include neurological disorders, alcoholism, drug abuse, hormonal imbalances, diabetes, hypertension, blood vessel disease and chronic diseases.

I will describe some simple measures which you can incorporate and these should help you. First of all, quit smoking and alcohol (if you are taking any), indulge in physical exercise (aerobics) and eat a healthy diet. Have faith in yourself and do not take any stress. You can talk to your partner openly and indulge in plenty of foreplay before sex. Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is very effective.

You need to rule out certain medical conditions. These include diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone and neurological causes after examination by physician.

The commonly prescribed drug by the doctors is sildenafil, which causes erections to be stronger and long lasting. However it is not safe to take this drug without a doctor’s advise and moreover it is important to rule out medical conditions specially related to cardiovascular system.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Cant sustain erection during sexual intercourse, no orgasm. What is the solution? 10 hours later
Hello Sir, Thanks for your reply.

Actually i was a smoker from year 2005 and have been trying to quit smoking from 2007 and finally did it in 2010. When i made my first attempt to quit in 2007, that time i realized that the erection is getting lost during masturbation, before that i didn't have this problem. This problem continued and sometimes i masturbate even with little erection but that's not possible in sex. I got married 6 months back and i never reached orgasm even once till date. After half sex, i go to the toilet and masturbate and ejaculate.

I drink rarely may be once in 2 weeks. But now, after your feedback i will quit drinking.

My friends and relatives are pressurizing me for a baby, but i am not able to reach orgasm and hence give birth to a baby. Kindly give me some tips to reach orgasm quickly and push it into the vagina.

Actually i have tried twice to masturbate and during ejaculation tried to insert my penis to the vagina but that didn't work out

Please help me out with some more tips.

Please suggest me a doctor for consultation in chennai.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

It is good you have stopped smoking and alcohol use. There is no long term effect of masturbation on erection. But stop masturbation as you are married now.

Follow above methods daily. Apart from that You need to rule out certain medical conditions. These include diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid conditions, poor circulation, low testosterone and neurological causes after examination by physician.

You can visit nearby psychiatrist (MBBS + MD/DPM) to rule out psychological causes and to guide you to rule out organic causes.

Wish you good health.