Cannot retract foreskin completely during erection. Urologist suggested for circumcision surgery. Should I go for it?

Hello Sir,

I have a problem with my foreskin. I am not able to retract it completely and smoothly during erection. I checked this with an urologist and he suggested me for circumcision surgery but I am afraid that after surgery and with out foreskin and frenulum I may loss my sexual sensitivity. Is my concern reasonable? Please suggest, shall I proceed for circumcision surgery or not if I loss some permanent sexual sensations and without circumcision or full retract of foreskin on erection, is it risk to have sex?
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
If your doctor has advised circumcision,then you must definitely go for it.
There are  numerous advantages of the circumcision like...
It reduces the risk of sexually transmitted disease specially HIV
It reduces the risk of cancer of penis
It reduces the risk of cervical cancer to the female partner
In fact circumcised penis has been found to improve sexual function,sensation and sexual satisfaction.
Don't harbour any wrong  notion about he surgery as it would not cause sny problem to you sexually,rather your sexual functions would be improved,as told above.

In fact if you don't get the surgery done,there is always the risk of tearing of your foreskin of penis at the time of intercourse.
So just go ahead with surgery and don't worry about any sexual problem in future.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further problem.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Cannot retract foreskin completely during erection. Urologist suggested for circumcision surgery. Should I go for it? 9 hours later
Hello Sir,

Thanks for the reply.
Actually in my case, it is not a severe phimosis, I am able to retract the foreskin behind the gland and also retract back to it's original state but with a little tightness, as I have succeeded doing this just 2 days back. Apart from the surgery any steroid cream helps to relax the skin to loss enough so that the foreskin will glide smoothly on gland. Please suggest what is best in my case, as surgery is a no reversible technique and anything else which I can try?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Since the problem is not that acute and you want to avoid circumcision ,you may  be able to achieve the loose foreskin by certain methods like .....
 Use baby oil, Nivea or vaseline as  a lubricant.apply on the foreskin inside and outside and pull  the foreskin forward away from the body several times then pull it back as far as it will go onto the glans (head of the penis} and hold it in this stretched position for several minutes. If done with an erection the stretching will be even more effective. Do this several times a day. Specially do it in morning after bath.

Steroid creams can be used...
Steroid creams should be used next if no significant progress has been made after a month. The cream you need is called Betamethasone 0.05% .The cream should be massaged into the tight part of the foreskin inside and outside 2-3 times a day for at least a month combined with further stretching. 

There are other small surgical procedures which can be done where only slight incisions are given and skin can be loosened like...
Dorsal incision
 Ventral incision

You try out stretchings and massaging for 6 to 8 weeks and if you still don't feel satisfied by the result,you may consult a urologist and discuss about the possible small surgical processes as explained above.