Can weed affect treatment for chlamydia and gonorrhoea ?

HIV AIDS Specialist
can weed affect my treatment for chylamidia n gonrrhea ? excuse my spelling lol
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later

Weed does not directly interact with the antibiotics given for Chlamydia or Gonorrhea, but due to chronic habituation of the weed can affect your liver and digestive tract. This may interfere with the absorption of the antibiotics and metabolization of the same.

Therefore I would say chronic use definitely affects the efficacy of the treatment and you may likely to have treatment failures and relapse. Moreover taking the treatment in adequate doses and correct dosage schedule could get affected by weed and once again leads to treatment failure.

So it is better for you to avoid weed during the period of treatment and then forever is preferable.

Hope this answers your query.

Get well soon!!!

Dr S.Murugan