Can vagus nerve affect bladder function?

Very complicated history..born with bilateral cervical ribs. First excisions in late 20's, as they had formed false articulations with collar bones and interfered with nerves and blood flow. Incisions through arm pits, cervical ribs excised..on left also first rib, on rib 1st and 2nd rib also. Much better for approx 10 yrs. Recurrence of all symptoms on rt. after approx 10 years. Re-do, with permanent severing of sympathetic nerve (intended), punctured lung, muscles on back fused along incision, Horner Syndrome, now experiencing numerous symptoms associated with vagus nerve, Heart, diaphragm cramps, now vocal cord trouble for 3+ weeks. Can vagus nerve also affect bladder function? What dr. is best qualified to help with so many problems...I am overwhelmed!
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Vagus affect bladder function. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. I am sorry to hear about the complication of surgeries on you. Your problem with heart and diaphragm are associated with vagus nerve. Yes, Vagus nerve affects Urinary bladder function. Patients who are dealing with an abnormal vagus nerve may have difficulty controlling their urine and may suffer from urinary incontinence. Horner's syndrome indicates a problem with the sympathetic nervous system, a part of the autonomic nervous system. I suggest you to consult a neurosurgeon for your problem with nervous system. He will give you nerve therapy with nerve stimulation. A device will be attached to the nerve to send electric pulses to the nerve to help regulate the signals sent by the nerve. This device functions very similarly to a pacemaker in the heart. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help