Can uterine prolapse be treated through exercises

I have a uterine prolapse problem rated by my GYN as 2 to 3. I have no pain, no discomforts at all. It was suggested that I have a hysterectomy, but I declined that idea. So, then a vaginal surgery has been suggested for the initilal prolapse operation was done in 2000. Now, I am thinking of opting out of the risks of the operation and the unpleasant preparation....and concentrate more on daily exercises/ walking to strengthen the pelvic muscles. (and I am not overweight 5'4", 125 pounds) Do you think this is a wise decision?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is a very wise decision! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this uterine prolapse. I am happy with your understanding of this disease condition and the various options available as well as the complications of surgery. Though surgery is the best approach to take care of this condition, we must not rush to. If you feel some what comfortable to handle this condition through exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, then you should be given that opportunity. Pelvic prolapse is not a condition that if not treated would degenerate into a fatal one. The most important reason t treat for this condition is to make you feel more comfortable and not to save a life. So long as you feel comfortable trying the other non surgical methods, there is no need to rush to surgery. Surgery is the last option and is always available. If these measures should not help, then surgery is always available if you want it in future. For these reasons, I feel comfortable that you give it a try and depending on the results, you may want to consider surgery or rule it out if it is no longer needed. Refusing surgery now never means you cannot do it in future! I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Can uterine prolapse be treated through exercises 48 hours later
Thank you, Dr. Ditah, for your has given me confidence to proceed with my decision. I appreciate you taking the time to thoroughly answer my health query. Best wishes, Concerned
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for your kind words! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for these kind words. Am humbled to have been able to address your health query. I wish you well and do not hesitate to contact me in future if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.