Can unusual black bruise causes high WBC?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
huge black bruise came out without being banging into anything could this cause slightly high white blood cell?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually, chronic HCV is associated with unusual bruising. I'd suggest to measure the protrombin levels and coagulation tests. Please bare in mind that protrombin levels can be lowered due to HCV. In addition, increased WBC indicate that there is an infection inside your body. Probable causes such as respiratory, gastro-intestinal or uro-genital that need to be evaluated accurately by a physician first to decide for further tests. Could you please send the reports of your blood work so I can assist you further? Thank you. Dr.Bardha