Can the liver heal from cirrhosis?
User rating for this question
Can the lever heal from cerrohsis? Are there any medication to decrease my erdge for beer, that is all I drink, do not drink hard alcohol just beer.
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advanced cirrhosis does not heal. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Cirrhosis is due to scar tissue formation of the liver in response to the damage to the liver cell over many years. Advances cirrhosis the liver no longer works well. Some of the common causes are Chronic alcohol abuse, viral infections like Hepatitis B and C. So cirrhosis of the liver is caused due to healing process and cirrhosis will not heal. Discontinuing alcohol with slow the progress of cirrhosis but will not help in heal because the damage is permanent and irreversible. Though cirrhosis is not reversible, further damage of normal liver is stopped. For your second part of the question. There are certain non-habit medicines like naltrexone, topiramate and acamprosate. These work in two ways. One it reduces the desire to drink. Two it decreases the rewarding effect of the drink so it is easy to stop. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know it there is any clarification. Regards.
People also viewed
- Gastric problem before menstruation period come
- Shaking the panis by hand in age of 14
- Signs of cirrhosis liver spots
- Colostrum and liver cirrhosis
- Malaria leads to liver cirrhosis
- How to read a seman analysis report
- Is pain normal while releasing sperm
- How many sperm cells would form out of 10 primary spermatocytes
- Im discharging clear gooey stuff
- Can the liver heal from cirrhosis
- Growth hormone decreases appetite
- Fuzzy feeling in eyes
- Green tea and cirrhosis liver
- Dull headache nosebleed
- Had lots of vodka and redbull woke with pains on my right side