Can surgery help in urothelial carcinoma and sarcoidosis variety with history of radiation tx?

General Surgeon
I have stage 4 urothelial carcinoma, sarcoidosis variety, with history of 11 radiation tx. I am due for MRI in two weeks. Most of my docs think I am terminal but aside from the pain in my hip and groin and gut, I feel strong. I don't know if that makes sense. My life force is strong but I need this bowel emptied and nothingI or my osteopathic doctor are doing is helping. My next step is the colonoscopy prep. Would this help, the golytely, or would surgery relieve this?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Golytely(PEG) will be helpful Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms Leelahg, Urinary tract malignancy sometimes leads to slower transit time of the intestine leading to loaded bowel and colon. Surgery is not always indicated. I recommend the following in my patients and will definitely help you. 1. Oral intake of Goletely will be helpful: 10-20 ml per kilogram of body weight of Goletely consumed within 60 minutes will be helpful in total bowel evacuation. 2. Retention Enema: If only colon(large bowel) is loaded, retention Enema with Normal Saline and Glycerine will be very helpful. Colonoscopy can definitely be avoided, if you are planning to get it done for only loaded colon. Apart from it, i would suggest you to drink plenty of water(2-3liter per day) and also high fiber diet. I hope it helped. In case you need any further assistance , will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: Can surgery help in urothelial carcinoma and sarcoidosis variety with history of radiation tx? 6 hours later
Di I have to follow the rest of the colonoscopy protocol with it or just treat it like another laxative. I would like to get started aSAP
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Golytely and enema sufficient Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Just Using Goletely and enema will be helpful. Colonoscopy is indicated if you have any obstructive colonic lesion or suspected malignancy of colon. I hope it helped. Take care Wishing you a happy and healthy life Take care Best regards Dr Deepak