Can sjogrens causes vaginal thinning?

Question
can sjogrens cause vaginal thinning?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Sjogren's vaginal thinning and problems... Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually, Sjogren's disease is also associated with vaginal changes, including vaginal thinning as patient have the rugae of vagina being lost and thinning of the local hair. Other vaginal problems include narrowed vaginal opening together with less secretion and sometimes non-menstrual bleeding. I'd advise to talk to a gynecologist if you have any of these problems to get specialist care. Wish you health! Dr.Sejdini p.s. if you have more questions, feel free to ask me back at the follow up.

Follow-up: Can sjogrens causes vaginal thinning? 30 hours later
so I had I hysterectoy and 10wks later I had a vaginal tear diring sex they had to go back in and cut off tissue and re stich me after the fact I was told it was very abnormal to tear so late out and that the tissue was very thin which was also abnormal for my age. neither doctor would tell me y or if it would happen again. so I was wonderin if this could be the sjogrens and if it could happen again? I find this very concerning and I'm very scared of this happening again?

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Yours is quite a different picture of having vaginal thinning. From one part, you had a trauma after the intervention, and on the other part Sjorgren's disease is another factor. To my opinion, I'd suggest to wait for some time until the muscle of your vagina regain their strength before going for sexual intercourse. In addition, I also advise not to have hard sex to avoid tearing again. You should keep in touch with gynecologist. Ask him/her if plastic can work for you. Do not be scared. As you can see, there is always a remedy for everything. Hope it answered to your concerns! If you have more questions, feel free to ask me again at the next follow up. Dr.Sejdini

Follow-up: Can sjogrens causes vaginal thinning? 11 hours later
thank you very much. I only have one question and that's what did you mean by plastic?

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. Vaginal plastic is a special intervention when the wall of vagina is repaired in a such way you won't have problems. For more technical details, you should consult a gynecologist. Wish you health and good luck! Dr.Sejdini