Can recurring canker sores cause high esr level?

My esr levels have been slowly getting higher 39 49 77. My hemaglobin is 10.2 Vitamin D level 16.1 RBC 3.11 Can recurrent cancersores cause high esr? I have joint/bone pain in hips/legs
I am on Nadolol 10mg for POTS
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Follow-up: Can recurring canker sores cause high esr level? 7 minutes later
I had a endoscope last year positive for Barrets syndrome. But no symptoms of stomach pain. They sent me because of Anemia I will repeat test every year
I am extremely tired and exhausted
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Recurrent canker sores per se don't cause a rise in the ESR. However, canker sores can be a part of the systemic illness which is causing both the ESR to rise as well as the canker sores. Systemic diseases like rheumatoid arthritis or SLE can result in a high ESR, canker sores and joint pains.
XXXXXXX is a blood test which should be done as these diseases are autoimmune diseases and XXXXXXX is usually positive. RA factor and ds-DNA are other tests which need to be done to rule out these diseases.

Multiple myeloma is another disease which needs to be ruled out. A serum protein electrophoresis should be done which is the diagnostic test of choice and shows an abnormal protein in the blood.

Please do consult a rheumatologist for the same.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.