Can prunes be taken with Prozac, Neurontin and Buspar?

I take Prozac, Neurontin, and Buspar just before I go to bed at night. I was advised by my general practitioner to eat prunes just before I go to bed, for a laxative effect. Will the laxative effective of the prunes interfere with my body's absorption of the medicines?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Although effect of prunes on Prozac, Neurontin, and Buspar had not studied but in my opinion it will reduce absorption, as most of the laxative affect absorption of medicines. It will be better if you take Prozac, Neurontin, and Buspar 2 hour before the prunes use. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: Can prunes be taken with Prozac, Neurontin and Buspar? 4 days later
How about me taking 2 prunes two hours before taking the Prozac, Neurontin, and Buspar (taking these medicines just before I go to bed)?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Taking medicine first is better. Detailed Answer: Hello again, Thanks for follow up. Taking prunes before medicines will affect absorption of medicines by its presence in intestine for laxative effect. Same time if you take medicines first, these will get absorb in body before getting affected by prunes. Wish you good health. Regards