Can pregnant women eat corn everyday ?

can pregnant women eat corn everyday ?
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

I believe that you might be knowing the advantages of eating corn like helping in folic acid levels, vitamin thiamine levels, improved digestion as it has high fibre etc. So, don't want to discuss them.

However, you need to keep in mind that it is high in salt which can increase BP particularly in pregnancy, and there is also risk of eating contaminated corn (contaminated by the mycotoxin fumonisin) which might have serious effects on baby. So, I advise you to check for these and discuss with your Gynecologist.
I personally do not recommend eating it everyday, if you are taking all the required supplements like folic acid etc.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health