Can overdose of paracetamol causes drowsiness and loss of consciousness?
User rating for this question
I'm unsure of why when I had taken an overdose of paracetamol- in which I was treated for- I started to get drowsy and loose consciousness in the first four hours until treatment of acystaline (the antidote)? I didn't think paracetamol had that affect.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. It can have these effects and this is not unusual. Usually there is abdominal pain,nausea and vomiting but some other symptoms may occur such as palor,sweating, encephalopathy or hypoglycaemia and last 2 can lead to drowsiness. So you were lucky that it didnt cause serious liver damage. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
People also viewed
- Does benicar cause drowsiness
- Pregnancy and a pain under right ribs cages it numb
- Can paracetamol overdose cause cirrhosis
- Fougera ointment used for
- Having sharp pains underneath my rib cage
- Sneeze with pain under right rib cage
- How to take champix
- How to use caladryl on glans?
- How to take amitiza
- Drowsiness causes
- Hydro cortisone iv uses
- Paracetamol overdose memory loss
- Sharp pain under rib cage right side fluttering
- Can overdose of paracetamol causes drowsiness and loss of consciousness
- How to take dianabol