Can loss of penis skin pigmentation and variation in blood tests be cause of HIV?

Hi, I am really worried that I could have contracted HIV. I had sex with a prostitute over 18 months ago, I wore a condom ofcourse. About 10 months after the incident I went and had a full blood test and i got the following results.

White blood cells 6.3 (4-11) 9/L
Neut 50% 3.2 (1.8-7.5)
Lymph 40% 2.5 (1-4)
Mono 8% 0.5 (.1-1.2)
Eosin 2% 0.1 (<0.7)

Would these results indicate that I would have HIV after 10 month of the risk of exposure? Are these healthy results?

Also I have skin pigmentation loss on the shaft of my penis could this be a sign of Herpes? I have never had an outbreak as typically described on most websites as to what Herpes outbreaks look like.

One last question, how hard would it be to contract HIV from heterosexual activities. Is it hard for a female to pass hiv to a male just having vaginal sex?

Thank you
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Hi Sedat,

First of all I shall reassure you that you cannot have transmitted HIV or Herpes Virus from your sexual encounter with the CSW(medical terminology for prostitute) called Commercial Sex Worker. This is for two evident reasons:

1) One cannot still have HIV virus and no symptoms after such a long time if they have transmitted it.
2) Your Blood work given above is exemplary.

The CBC shown above is not indicative of any disease process neither HIV nor Herpes.

The skin pigmentation is just an incidental finding or a process of shedding of dead cells over it. If you do not have repeat STD then you should absolutely not be worried.

However I would warn you about heterosexual activities with multiple partners. This is a risky behaviour and everytime you may not be lucky. Yet you are lucky enough not to pass on this virus. Though each every sexual encounter may not cause HIV transmission but the behaviour can certainly raise the chances of transmission.

The chances of female to pass on HIV to a male (called insertive vaginal intercourse in medical terms) is 5 in 10,000 exposures to an infected source.
It is easier for the male to pass HIV to female because of greater surface area of exposure.

Hope I answered your query. If I have please accept my answer.