Can i take Voveran SR as a muscle relaxant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
can i take Voveran SR as a muscle relaxant?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is not a muscle relaxant Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Voveron SR is an antiinflammatory drug containing diclofenac. It is not a muscle relaxant. For muscle relaxant you can take Myoril containing thiocolchicoside under supervision of your doctor. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care

Follow-up: Can i take Voveran SR as a muscle relaxant? 15 minutes later
this is in reference to my previous query in which u mentioned that I should take some anti inflammatory for muscle pull. can u suggest some medicine which I can take? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Motrin 400 mg as and when required Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX For muscle pull, you can take over the counter anti-inflammatory drug like Motrin 400 mg as and when required after food(upto 1600 mg/day) to control pain and inflammation. Warm Regards.