Can i take Antacid Gel during pregnancy?

Can a GYN please confirm if I can take Antacid Gel during pregnancy? This is related to my post?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 3 hours later
Brief Answer: yes. safe. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. Antacids are safe in pregnancy. Gelusil liquid or digene are common brands. It is recommended to be taken after Food intake. As pregnancy is associated with some amount of gastric reflux I recommend not lying down immediately after Food intake. Also sleeping in a lateral position helps. Hope this was helpful. Please write back if you have more queries. Thanks Dr Bhagyashree
Follow-up: Can i take Antacid Gel during pregnancy? 26 minutes later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX Can you tell me the OTC equivalent of Gelusil or Digene that I can get in US please? Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: TUMS or ROLAIDS Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Tums is a OTC Antacids available in USA. You can also try ROLAIDS. Please consult your obgyn if no relief in symptoms after medication. Thanks. Dr Bhagyashree