Can having epididymic cyst increases the risk of testicular cancer?

Urologist
Question
can having epididymic cyst increases the risk of testicular cancer ?
does having epididymic cyst increases the risk of testicular cancer ? Does it increases the risk of prostate or any other cancer ?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 30 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Epididymal cyst is the outpouching of the epididymis wall and has no significant clinical significance.
It does not increase the chances of having any kind of cancer.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Can having epididymic cyst increases the risk of testicular cancer? 31 hours later
thank u sir. Sir to confirm epididymic cyst some doctor are suggesting USG test and some doctors are saying Ultrasound . Are both same or not ? I have done ultrasound test of the scrotum and confirmed epididymic cyst. Should I do USG test ? Please help me sir. Which test should be done to confirm epididymic cyst (USG or Ultrasound )?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 10 hours later
Dear Sir,

Both are the same and you don't need any further tests.

All the best

Sincerely

Rajiv goel

Follow-up: Can having epididymic cyst increases the risk of testicular cancer? 8 hours later
thank U sir. Sir, the USG advised by the doctor to confirm the lump attached to testicle is ultrasound of the scrotum or it is any other test ? (I have found on the internet that USG means Urine Specific Gravity). Does Urine Specific Gravity required to identify epididymic cyst ? Does USG have any other meaning used to confirm epididymic cyst ? Please be kind enough to clear my doubts. Thank U sir.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 15 hours later
Dear Sir,

USG is also the short form for ultrasonography. You have been advised USG or ultrasound scrotum and it shall pick up the epididymal cyst.

You don't need urine specific gravity to be done.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel