Can hard blowing wind cause hearing problem?

ENT Specialist
Hello :) i have a question about hearing loss and what can cause hearingloss: could hard blowing wind cause hearing problems because of Sound pressure; i just want to avoid anything that can cause me problems; but sometimes its just impossible. Hard blowing wind sounds kinda dramatic sometimes when air blows directly into the ear channel; is this something I need to worry about in future?
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, Hard blowing wind can cause. Detailed Answer: Hi Sir , I have gone through your query. There are some avoidable causes of hearing loss 1. Ototoxic drugs such as aminoglycosides, diuretics, salicylates, anti malarial drugs. 2. Barotrauma. 3. Noise induced hearing loss. 4. Traumatic perforation of tympanic membrane. 5. Consanguineous marriages. These above mentioned causes may be avoided to prevent hearing losses. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Follow-up: Can hard blowing wind cause hearing problem? 53 minutes later
Thanks for the answear. But I really wanted to know about hard blowing wind; is this XXXXXXX for my hearing; exposure to hard blowing wind in short periode of time. Wind pressure 20 m/s .
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 14 hours later
Brief Answer: May be possible only when there is direct pressure Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your follow up query. Hearing loss is only when there is rupture to the tympanic membrane. It may be possible only when there is direct pressure to tympanic membrane. The 14 to 33 lb per square inch force required to rupture the tympanic membrane, which is equivalent to 195 dB. Such perforations are located in the central part of the tympanic membrane and are stellate. Wish you good health