Can excess wax in ear canal cause excess mucous in throat?

if you have wax built up in your ear can it cause problems with excess mucus in your throat?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not related Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Excess wax in the ear canal will not cause excess mucous in the throat. Wax by in itself will not stimulate any gland to produce mucous. The most likely reason for the mucous is your recurrent sinus infection. Sinuses tend to drain finally into your nose and throat. The ideal way to tackle this problem is to take expectorant syrups like Ambrolite S twice a day and also approach an ENT specialist for sinus surgery to clean up the sinuses and improve the drainage I also suggest the following 1. Keep yourself warm 2. Avoid cold food and beverages 3. Avoid dusty environment I hope I was of help to you, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards