Can dimpling along scar lines after breast reduction surgery occur due to post surgical scar fibrosis?

breast reduction sept 2012 I see something that looks like it might be dimpling along scar do I tell if it is related to past surgery or something I need to go see about? It is under the left nipple. Nipples were grafted on. It does not go in when you lift or pull on the area.
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Tissue fibrosis Detailed Answer: Hi! See you underwent a surgery around a year back. The kind of Pickering of skin that you have developed can develop due to post surgical scar fibrosis. This can lead to attachment of the overlying skin to the lower layers of skin. There are not many treatment options for such a skin fibrosis since it tends to recur even after treatment. But at the same time, since you have a family history of breast cancer, it is very important that we should be very cautious. So I would advise you to get a mammography done. This will help us in ruling out any suspicious lesions that might be developing. Also just as an initial assessment, keep checking the mammary region for any mass. Dr Geetika Paul