Can cherry angiomas on vulva indicate neoplasm ?

Age: 34, Height: 5,5 Weight: 135 Gravida 4, Para 2 Showing signs of cherry angiomas on vulva, they aren't quite red though. I've been to my ob/gyn and they are telling me to not be concerned. Although they seem to be getting worse. They are dark in color, raised above the skin and more have appeared over the course of 6 months. I have about 8 of them in the labia/vulva area. What kind of doctor should I see for treatment, and should I be concerned this is a early form of neoplasm?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 34 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I would not be concerned about these cherry hemangiomas. This does not represent some kind of cancer or neoplasm. If you are not happy with the cosmetic appearance of it or if it is becoming uncomfortable I recommend you seek the advice of a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon.

These physicians can provide you with possible options which might include a surgical procedure or possibly a laser procedure to address these.

Thanks again for submitting the query. I hope you found my response to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional followups I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga