Can cervical stenosis cause neck, head and chest pain?

Infertility Specialist
Can cervical stenosis cause neck head and chest pain? All cardio tests including catheter come back normal and am on protonix for grd which appears under control. Mri does reveal some stenos is of cervical spine.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Yes it is possible that cervical stenosis can cause neck pain and if it involves pressing of nerves passing down to chest , it is likely to cause chest pain that too localised in some part of chest. 2) Chest pain could be attributed to GRD. If you had no relief even after taking protonix then likely cause of chest pain is also Cervical stenosis. 3) Please see orthopedician with MRI report as conservative treatment can be started since it is in early stages. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Can cervical stenosis cause neck, head and chest pain? 33 minutes later
Neck and head pain as well?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Definitely yes. Cervical stenosis causes maximum pain in neck and then head. Chest pain if a nerve around that part is compressed. Regards