Can cataract surgery and botox around eyes to treat blepharospasm cause light sensitivity ?

trying to get info for my mom. she is having sever light sensitivity, and her eyes feel tired all the time. recently had catarack surgery and last week had botox injections around eyes because she was told she had blepharospasm. still feels horrible any thing else to look for?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Having light sensitivity is a common effect after a cataract surgery as after the surgery doctors prescribe you medicines that dilate your pupil to give rest to the XXXXXXX muscles of the eye. From the dilated pupils more amount of light enters eye causing light sensitivity.To avoid this problem your mother can use dark gasses which covers her eyes well and avoid going in bright light specially in sun for at least 15 days after surgery.The tired feeling of the eyes is also due to the dilated pupils only.She need not worry. It will subside in 15 days.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.