Can any of the contraceptive pills available in Dubai be used as an emergency contraceptive pill?

Question
Hello, I reside in Dubai and require the morning after pill which is not avaliable here. I have access to the following contraceptive pills: Gracial, Cilest, Belara, Gynera, Marvelon, XXXXXXX 35 & XXXXXXX Could you please advise if any can be used as an emergency contraceptive pill and what does I should take.
My last period started on August 22nd and finished August 28th.
Thank you
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello
The fact is these oral contraceptive pills,you mentioned above,are not used as emergency contraceptive pill.
the other option for abortion,in the absence of MTP pill,is D&C called as surgical abortion.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Can any of the contraceptive pills available in Dubai be used as an emergency contraceptive pill? 33 minutes later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX

Another doctor on your site advised a patient that Belara could be used as a emergency contraception, I know that it may not be 100% effective, but could it be used?

WWW.WWWW.WW

Could you please let me know if I'm in a fertile stage of my cycle? My periods tend to come every 28-30 days. my last period started Aug 22nd and ended Aug 28th, I had intercourse on Friday 7th Sept 8am.

Thank you,

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello
My answer is NO.
You are very much in fertile period of your menstrual cycle.
Thanks