Can anti inflammatory tablets and antibiotics affect an HIV rapid test result?
User rating for this question
Can anti inflammatory tablets and/or antibiotics affect an hiv rapid test result?
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is not affected by antibiotics or NSAIDS Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX HIV rapid test result is not affected by antibiotics or anti inflammatory drugs at all. HIV rapid test detects antibodies of HIV virus circulating in blood.Antibodies are not affected by anti inflammatory drugs or antibiotics so there is no chance of interference. It is highly sensitive and specific test. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Is red skin lesions, often with a purple center a side effect of effexor xr?
- Results rapid hiv test at 21 days
- Does acanthosis nigricans affect hiv test results
- Hiv transmission ingesting vaginal flyid
- Can leukemia affect the results of hiv rapid test
- Hiv transmission vaginal fluids testicles
- Inflammatory foliate papillitis
- Is red skin lesions, often with a purple center a side effect of inderal la?
- Rapid hiv test results
- Is fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse a side effect of lanoxin?
- Can antidepressants affect rapid tridot test for hiv
- Vdrl non reactive in pregnancy foetus
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of oxycodone and acetaminophen?
- I fear for hiv test my vdrl and tpha negetive
- Is darkened urine a side effect of conjugated estrogens/medroxyprogesterone?