Can another pill be taken after having taken Suboxan for a week?

Psychiatrist
Question
I JUST GOT MY SUBOXAN.AND DOING GREAT TILL THEY WAS TAKEN CAN.I TAKE MY OLD PILLS FOR JUST . WEEK TILL I CAN GET A REFILL, I DONT WANT TO GO THREW WITHDRAWAL AND I WAS DO SO GOOD AND . . PLEASE DONT MAKE ME LOSE 15.00 I NEED HELP CAN I TAKE IT MY OLD PAIN PILLS AFTER BEING ON SUBOXAN FOR. A WEEK. IVE BEEN ON SUBOXAN FOR 6 MONTH.AND DOING GREAT TILL THEY GOT STOLEN.PLEASE I NEED HELP ..
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Buprenorphine or methadone should be good Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Suboxane was buprenorphine plus naloxone. Its a good drug for opioid dependence. However as you say its stollen, you can ask for refill of your medicines. I am not sure what you mean by "taking the old pill"?. Your opoid may not be effective now as you have been on naloxone and its an opioid blocker. Try getting atleast plain buprenorphine or even methadone should be good. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.